When pioneering a viable solution to a global challenge, it takes experts with different perspectives and backgrounds to work together on a unified purpose. Whether you are an expert in nuclear energy, experienced in driving government policy and legislation, or active in working with communities engagement, a career with Deep Isolation offers a unique opportunity to pave the way in protecting all our communities with safe nuclear waste storage and disposal.
Our goal is to build a team of passionate, diverse, driven, smart individuals who don’t see problems; they see exciting opportunities to make change, even when faced with a challenge.
There is significant interest in borehole technology from governments around the world. To support our expanding business, we have recently set up an office in London (Deep Isolation EMEA Limited) to focus on the growing market opportunities in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. We are therefore looking to expand our global team in this region, currently seeking people with relevant experience in the nuclear industry to work with us on an associate-basis on particular projects. (Note: there may be an option in the future for permanent employed roles, but not in this initial recruitment drive).
To build our strong associate base, we are looking for skilled and experienced people in a variety of domains:
- Experience of working inside a national radioactive waste management organisation or regulatory body, ideally in a previous role(s) related to geological disposal
- Experience in assessing client geologies, understanding the interface between practical issues of drilling and the safety implications of different environments
- Experience of developing a safety case for nuclear waste disposal
- Technical leads or business analysts who can work alongside our solution architects to analyse local requirements and regulatory limitations and translate these into viable product
- Stakeholder management and community engagement, particularly around the site selection process
- Experience of developing business case, roadmap and implementation plans in the nuclear context
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in the nuclear industry
- Business level fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Interested in being considered for adhoc project roles
- Candidates should be happy to work flexibly from home as part of a distributed and digitally-enabled team, with international travel to meet clients as needed