When pioneering a viable solution to a global challenge, it takes experts with different perspectives and backgrounds to work together on a unified purpose. Whether you are an expert in nuclear energy, experienced in driving government policy and legislation, or active in working with communities engagement, a career with Deep Isolation offers a unique opportunity to pave the way in protecting all our communities with safe nuclear waste storage and disposal.
Our goal is to build a team of passionate, diverse, driven, smart individuals who don’t see problems; they see exciting opportunities to make change, even when faced with a challenge.
Director, Business Development
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR AN AMBITIOUS SALES PROFESSIONAL WITH B2B AND/OR B2G EXPERIENCE
We are offering an opportunity to help open-up the trillion-dollar market for the disposal of nuclear waste. The right person can progress rapidly in our company and has the potential to earn a seven-figure performance-based annual income. Your reward potential is high because we are a new company bringing a game-changing solution to a market that is established and complicated. Could you help develop a sales strategy for a radically disruptive businesses that is seeking to close its first multi-million-dollar sales?
Deep Isolation is disrupting the nuclear waste disposal industry. This fast-growing and exciting start-up is making rapid progress in an industry that has been largely stagnant for 50 years. We are hiring a Director of Business Development to help build our sales organization, our go-to-market strategy, and develop new business opportunities.
You don’t need to know our industry or be a nuclear physicist! We want you for your sales experience, your abilities and your hard work. You will be supported by a team of technical experts but you will need to show us that you can quickly understand our product offer and become a relentless and fearless advocate for it.
We don’t want the most senior person there is because we need you to roll up your sleeves and do the work from day-one, as well as help develop and drive our sales strategy. You will need to show us you can operate in a fast-moving start-up culture that is results driven.
Only apply if you want a job that is tough!
- Generate business opportunities and revenue for the company (help us do “whatever necessary” to close our first deals)
- Help develop the product offer by talking to prospects, assessing what works and what does not work
- Identify ideal target markets, and potential customer profiles
- Build a sales and go-to-market strategy, implement a sales structure and processes
- Find and qualify leads through warm introductions, cold calling and emailing
- Conduct sales efforts from start to finish with the support of CEO and senior management as needed
- Identify client problems, and business drivers while understanding the context and constraints under which the prospects operate
- Conduct discovery calls with prospects to discuss customer needs and assess potential solutions
- Participate in sales meetings with CEO and other senior staff as needed
- Prepare sales materials as needed
- Develop proposals with pricing for products and services offered
- Systematically follow-up on all qualified opportunities and potential leads
- Organize methodically the pipeline on Salesforce to ensure we are actively engaging our sales opportunities and meet our revenue goals
- Keep Salesforce up-to-date daily with all prospects, document all interactions
- Be the point of contact for all customers
- Experience in sales strategy, for example in an established consulting firm
- 5-10 years in senior Business Development positions
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Proven experience using Salesforce or another CRM system to track activities
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
- Experience delivering engaging presentations to wide-ranging, international audiences
- Understanding of Government and B2B Sales
Career inquiries and applications: