Deep Isolation has relationships with industry leaders to ensure global delivery capabilities from repository implementation and its management and operations through to closure. The synergies provide a safe, seamless and comprehensive means for disposing of nuclear waste.
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
A recognized leader in management and operating services for high-hazard nuclear facilities, Bechtel is the largest engineering, procurement, and construction company in the U.S., providing services to more than 80% of its commercial nuclear power plants and 150 plants worldwide.
Bechtel partners with Deep Isolation for:
- Surface facility design, engineering, construction, startup
- Overall project control & design coordination
- Site characterization support
- Licensing support
- Nuclear safety culture/safety conscious work environment
- Site management and operations
- Business services and financial analysis
With more than 50 years of experience in the nuclear industry fuel cycle consulting and used fuel packaging and transport, NAC International Inc. (NAC) has delivered more than 600 storage and transport systems. It brings decades of experience in designing, engineering, licensing, operating and maintaining systems for storage and transport.
NAC partners with Deep Isolation to:
- Design, manufacture, and supply disposal canisters
- Engineer, license and deliver equipment and services for spent nuclear fuel and high-level waste handling
SLB is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing for the oil and gas industry and supports Deep Isolation with:
- Leading-edge surface and downhole drilling technology, and wellbore conveyance technology
- A full-scale test facility for deep wellbore drilling in a live environment and the means to place and retrieve canisters from the wellbore
Dominion Engineering, Inc. is a global leader in specialized nuclear fuel services and technology. They bring decades of experience in helping nuclear operators and stakeholders ensure fuel integrity and reliability during reactor operation, decommissioning and long-term storage. DEI partners with Deep Isolation for:
- Fuel sipping and integrity testing technology
- Specialized engineering analysis for long-term fuel storage and disposal installations
- Business and technical market development services