Deep Isolation understands that technology alone won’t solve the nuclear waste disposal challenge. Our scientific and nuclear engineers work alongside both our stakeholder engagement experts and industry partners to successfully deliver an environmentally protective solution.
Deep Isolation’s method places nuclear waste deep underground where its isolation can be tested and verified for safety and longevity.
- Testing of the types of rock above the waste can be used to show the natural safety barrier will isolate the waste for millions of years.
- Brine found deep underground can be tested to show it hasn’t moved in thousands to millions of years without a path to flow to the surface.
Collaboration & Engagement
Deep Isolation seeks opportunities to engage with the public and stakeholders in order to explore collaborative solutions. As such, we are committed to a process that is built upon these primary activities:
- Actively solicit input from all parties.
- Utilize discussions with external parties as a means to learn, share information and problem-solve.
- Integrate input into Deep Isolation design when possible and if not provide the rationale.
- Prioritize and conduct stakeholder engagement as an integrated part in all the work we do.
Partnerships with Industry Leaders
Deep Isolation ensures global delivery capability through best-of-breed partnerships with industry leaders like Bechtel.
- Engineering, construction, and drilling
- Project management
- Material handling
- Safety procedures
Deep Isolation applies proven methods to ensure safety and security.
Scientific and Industry Expertise
An acclaimed team of engineers, geologists, subject matter experts, advisors, and extended community of independent reviewers.
- MacArthur “Genius” and Bloomberg “Innovative Thinker”
- Government & Community Liaison for the Blue Ribbon Commission (BRC)
- 2 Nobel Laureates
- Former US Secretary of Energy