Deep Isolation understands that technology alone won’t solve the nuclear waste disposal challenge. Our scientific and nuclear engineers work alongside both our stakeholder engagement experts and industry partners to successfully deliver an environmentally protective solution.
Deep Isolation’s method places nuclear waste deep underground where its isolation can be tested and verified for safety and longevity.
- Testing of the types of rock above the waste can be used to show the natural safety barrier will isolate the waste for millions of years.
- Brine found deep underground can be tested to show it hasn’t moved in thousands to millions of years without a path to flow to the surface.
Collaboration & Engagement
Deep Isolation seeks opportunities to engage with the public and stakeholders in order to explore collaborative solutions. As such, we are committed to a process that is built upon these primary activities:
- Actively solicit input from all parties.
- Utilize discussions with external parties as a means to learn, share information and problem-solve.
- Integrate input into Deep Isolation design when possible and if not provide the rationale.
- Prioritize and conduct stakeholder engagement as an integrated part in all the work we do.
Deep Isolation provides global delivery capability through partnerships with industry leaders.
A range of flexible licensing partnerships are available to access our extensive intellectual property to plan and implement a Deep Isolation borehole disposal solution. Whether a government or a commercial partner, we endeavor to bring flexibility and choice to meet your waste management goals when flexible IP licensing partnerships with local providers are preferred.
Deep Isolation applies proven methods to ensure safety and security.
- Demonstrated engineered barrier system and retrieval design
- Patented radioisotope dating methods for site characterization
- Waste canisters made of highly corrosion-resistant alloy
- Canister placement and engineered seal to block pathways to the surface
Scientific and Industry Expertise
An acclaimed team of engineers, geologists, subject matter experts, advisors, and extended community of independent reviewers.
- MacArthur “Genius” and Bloomberg “Innovative Thinker”
- Government & Community Liaison for the Blue Ribbon Commission (BRC)
- 2 Nobel Laureates
- Former US Secretary of Energy
Recognition and Accolades
Deep Isolation CEO a Finalist for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2022 Bay Area
A Goldman Sachs Report Reveals Top 30 Startups in 3 Booming Clean-Energy Industries
Deep Isolation CEO Liz Muller Among Women Selected for New All Raise Leadership Panel
Deep Isolation named in 5 Top Nuclear Energy Solutions Impacting The Industry
Deep Isolation CEO Named a Clean Energy Rising Star
This is a technology that could prove important, not only in the US, but around the world.