Investing in a Better Future
Deep Isolation is the first company of its kind to propose a method that leverages recent advances in horizontal drilling technology to deposit nuclear waste deep underground.
The solution, developed by accomplished scientists and validated by Nobel Laureates, is both groundbreaking and cost-effective. Deep Isolation has created a new pathway for solving a vexing half-century-old challenge – how to safely dispose of the nation’s radioactive nuclear waste.
- The design for this solution has been successfully patented.
- The nuclear waste disposal market is valued at $120 billion.
- Disposal opportunities are $2 billion a year with 2,000 tons of waste generated annually. (The US currently spends $1-2 billion per year on interim storage.)
Our business will provide patented services to long-term storage of nuclear fuel that removes the SNF from the biosphere. The business is expected to take 4 years to achieve revenues. Our focus is to receive permission from the NRC to contract with the DOE.
Our team of experts is working to find a state and location with:
- Positive support for our solution
- A utility company to partner with who sees benefits to our solution.
- Land where nuclear waste is currently stored that also has the right geological features.
This process has 4 distinct phases:
- The NRC Approval Period
- NRC License Prep Period
- NRC License Review Period
- Site Prep
Deep Isolation offers a well-conceived and comprehensive intellectual property (IP) strategy that safeguards this solution for investors. Our thoughtful responses to the interests and demands of industry and community groups and our documentation to the US government all reflect its protective tenets.
Deep Isolation’s IP advantages include:
- One granted patent and two that are in R&D review.
- Scientists and specialists that continue to research, validate, and perfect options for the presently-planned methods.
- Focused development of business partnerships with utility and energy companies.
- Deep public and stakeholder engagement to achieve acceptance of our solution with interested communities and federal, state, and local governments and Tribes.
- Processes to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and best practices in the areas of nuclear waste and environmental health and safety standards.
Request Information >